This holiday season and as the Fall season winds down and we head into winter, McCormick wants to help bring some warmth and sweet aroma to your family kitchen. The "Seasonal Seven" says McCormick are at the heart of most holiday dishes. Sage, Cinnamon, Poultry Seasoning, Ginger, Nutmeg, Vanilla Extract, and Peppermint Extract make up these spices, herbs and extracts. You can find recipes using the "Seasonal Seven" such as: Roasted Harvest Vegetables, Orange-glazed Turkey Meatballs, Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch and decadent Vanilla Pecan Pie and other wholesome, healthy recipes at McCormick.com.
You'll find recipes like this Chicken Chili with Black Beans and Corn.
Chicken Chili with Black Beans and Corn
|Chicken Chili with Black Bean and Corn|
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon McCormick® Paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves
1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup frozen corn
1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion;
cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Add paprika, oregano,
cumin, garlic powder and red pepper; mix well.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes.
Enjoy a healthier way to fried chicken.
Makes 5 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves or thighs
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch baking pan with no stick cooking spray.
2. Mix flour, seasoned salt, oregano and pepper in shallow dish. Moisten chicken with milk. Coat evenly with flour mixture. Place chicken in single layer on prepared pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Test Kitchen Tip: For quicker, more uniform cooking, slice thick chicken breasts in half horizontally or pound chicken breasts thin.
Flavor Variation: Use 1 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning or Rosemary Leaves, crushed, in place of the oregano.
Using one of the "Seasonal Seven," Pure Vanilla Extract has this Vanilla Pecan Pie bursting with sweet, vanilla flavor.
Makes 10 servings.
|Vanilla Pecan Pie|
Cook Time: 55 minutes
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3 eggs, divided
3/4 cup sugar, divided
4 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
2. Beat remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Add corn syrup, butter, remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla and salt; stir until well blended. Sprinkle pecans evenly over baked cream cheese layer. Slowly pour corn syrup mixture over nuts.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until just set in center. Cool completely on wire rack.