Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fruit, Cream Cheese and Brownie Layered Fluff

I love making dessert almost as much as eating it.
And I have my favorites.
A lot of favorites.
If you've checked out my blog postings, you'll see many of my favorite recipes. Some are family recipes and others come from my favorite cookbooks, magazines and websites. You'll see scrumptious, mouth-watering, wonderful, got-to-have-some, sweet, sensational desserts.

Not too many desserts are healthy, but I do feel a little less guilty when I make this.

I took the goodness of fruit and combined it with a couple of my favorites - brownies and cream cheese - and come up with a combination of flavors that will leave your taste buds jumping for joy.









What you'll need:
1 box chocolate brownie mix (I used Pillsbury's brand )
2 8 ounce packages Philadelphia brand cream cheese (room temperature)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 12 ounce container Cool Whip (thawed)
1 18 ounce can mandarin oranges (drained and diced, reserving 1/3 of can)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 pint fresh raspberries




Directions
Make brownies according to directions on box. Cool in pan and cut into squares. Set aside.
Blend cream cheese with mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar until well blended. Fold in Cool Whip with spatula until completely blended.

Now, let's put it all together. Grab your glass trifle bowl and get started:

Cover the bottom of the bowl with a layer of overlapping brownies
Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture over brownies
Cover cream cheese mixture with half of each prepared fruit
Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture over fruit
Cover cream cheese mixture with another layer of overlapping brownies
Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture over brownies
Cover cream cheese mixture with remaining fruit
Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture over fruit
Top with reserved Mandarin oranges

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment